The Dynamics of Spiritual Growth. 😀
11. And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers,
12. for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ,
13. till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;
14. that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, (Eph4:11-14).
Spiritual Growth is intentional not automatic or else every believer would be mature! Spiritual Growth is a spiritual reality with definite process , therefore every believer who is committed to the process will doubtless grow spiritually. Spiritual Growth is not a gift , therefore any Christian can grow up spiritually.
1. God has provided a way for spiritual growth of every Christian by raising up the five fold ministers, ie Apostles, prophets, pastors, evangelists and teachers. The ministry of the 5-fold ministers produces spiritual growth. The early church believers devoted themselves to the Apostles doctrine (Act2:42) and church culture, and this caused it to grow.
2. The stature of Christ.
Christ likeness is the standard of our spiritual stature in growth. The 5-fold ministry will nurture us until we grow from spiritual children (vs14) to spiritual manhood! Spiritual manhood means that we are just like Christ! (Vs13)!
Therefore, for you to grow up you must be a committed member of a local Church first, and secondly be devoted to the doctrine of your Pastors and all church program (Act2:42) .
Don’t miss the next episode.