1. Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,
2. by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.
3. For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
4. and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, (1Cor15:1-4)
I would like to take some time to remind ourselves as believers in Christ the source of our salvation, faith, eternal life, healing, victory, deliverance, forgiveness, joy and peace, success etc, which is the death of Christ on the cross and His resurrection.
Remembering what God has done through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ the Son of God is very important in our walk as Believers. Remembering the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ is important because Jesus commanded us to remember Him as the scripture says, ” 23. For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread;
24. and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.”
25. In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me. (1Cor11:23-25)
One of the last words of Apostle Paul to his son Timothy were to remember that Christ Jesus had risen from the dead. (2Tim2:8)
Why are we asked to remember Christ’s death and resurrection? Because we are liable to forgetting this important revelation which is source and foundation of our very life and existence as Believers in Christ.
What happens if we forget the death and resurrection of Christ? Once a believer loose the revelation of the death of Christ on the cross and the resurrection, then that believers will have lost everything God has freely us through Christ.
This week we are going to get our eyes of the inner man back to the Christ crucified and Christ resurrected and Christ glorified and see it’s relevancy to our daily walk in Christ.
Watch out for the next 1.
615 total views, 1 views today