7. All the governors of the kingdom, the administrators and satraps, the counselors and advisors, have consulted together to establish a royal statute and to make a firm decree, that whoever petitions any god or man for thirty days, except you, O king, shall be cast into the den of lions. (Dan6-7)
Satan wanted to stop Daniel from praying. Satan tried to stop this patriarch of prayer by threatening to throw him into the lion’s den if he prayed to the God of heaven.
Daniel knew the shrewd plot against his prayer life and see what he did, ”
10. Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went home. And in his upper room, with his windows open toward Jerusalem, he knelt down on his knees three times that day, and prayed and gave thanks before his God, as was his custom since early days (Dan6:10) !
He defied Satan’s plan and instead he prayed beyond. He prayed and prayed and prayed again…three times!
Daniel was reported and he was thrown into the den of Lions but see what God did….”
19. Then the king arose very early in the morning and went in haste to the den of lions.
20. And when he came to the den, he cried out with a lamenting voice to Daniel. The king spoke, saying to Daniel, “Daniel, servant of the living God, has your God, whom you serve continually, been able to deliver you from the lions?”
21.Then Daniel said to the king, “O king, live forever!
22. My God sent His angel and shut the lions’ mouths, so that they have not hurt me, because I was found innocent before Him; and also, O king, I have done no wrong before you.” (Dan6:19-22) .
When Daniel saw the wicked plot of the enemy, he Bended his knees before God. When he Bended his knees before God, the Angel of God came down from Heaven into the den of lions and shut their mouth. This one man shook Babylon and turn it from idol worship to the living God on his knee!
When you bend your knees before God, God will cause your enemies to bow !