17. Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God , who gives us richly all things to enjoy.
Apostle Paul asked Timothy to command the rich Christians not to fall in the trap of trusting in uncertain riches. Riches are uncertain therefore its advisable never to put our trust in them. Riches are good but never ordained to be trusted.
We are created to put our trust only in God not in stuff. When you switch your trust from God to ruches, then trouble will have begun… That’s Idolizing! That’s is switching gods. Vs 10 says that the love of money is the source of all evil.
90% of all world troubles and evils and pain are caused by men and women who turned money into gods!
How do you know that you are no longer trusting in God but in your money?
- Every time you have a crisis the first thing you think about is money and not God.
- When money is the one that controls the decisions of your life other than God.
- When giving becomes so difficult for you.
- When money becomes the determinant of you value and worth. Some people when money comes into their lives , they drastically change. They become arrogant…. they begin to look down on the people who don’t have…
My brother, my sister, don’t idolize money only utilize it! Enjoy it but don’t worship it. Let it serve you but don’t serve it. Use it but don’t allow it to use you. Control it and never allow it to control you. Make money but don’t let money make you. And the peace of God shall be with you.
852 total views, 1 views today